Special Ops Bulletins
Clear/Minor Cloud Cover, High 15c Apr 3, 2046
AD Circulation 1, Volume 1, Issue 15
March 18: 4 independent reports of booby-trapped robots exploding when
they are searched after being disabled. 2 people seriously hurt
March 23: Large skirmish near New York leaves robot army
decimated. Successful ambush credited with minimal casualties on
March 26: New flying machines sighted on western seaboard. Appear
to have better targeting abilities than previous machines.
April 2: small robot army sighted south of Chicago. 30 infantry,
3 tanks, 3 hover-cannons, 2 hunter seekers.
April 3: “Home sweet home”: Locate new base of operations in Milwaukee.
4 preliminary sites located.
April 8-12: “Mr. Clean”: sweep Milwaukee grid for hostile
animals. Eliminate any encountered animals. Gather robot
intelligence – do not engage Robots.
April 23: “Dude, where’s my car”: Intelligence indicates new robot
transfer station established 8km north of Milwaukee. Primary
objective: Eliminate local defenses and acquire hover platform.
Deliver platform to Tango Company 23km east of transfer station.
Secondary objective: acquire new technology, destroy transfer
station. MISSION SPECIFICS TO FOLLOW.
- Communications on both sides use quantum channels. This
method of communication is secure and virtually undetectable.
- The military is broken up into small groups of 5-40 people called
a “pack” and only meet in larger groups to form a larger attack group
or to deliver or exchange equipment.
- Everyone travels on foot unless large distances need to be
covered. In this case, a reserve vehicle may be used, or if a
very large distance is to be traveled in a short time, a flying robot
may be “utilized” in order to travel the distance.
- Underground rail, road, sewage and even living and shopping areas
offer usable areas for bases of operations in cities.
Outside cities, hiding large numbers of people becomes more difficult
as some robots have IR as well as life detectors.
- Medics and/or technicians can be called in to help after
skirmishes. Missions usually detail if a medic or technician will
be scheduled to meet up with packs.
Last Game Highlights – Oct 13, 299 AA
- Czin gets mutations Dual Brain, Static Field, Heightened Sense,
- Shiitake meets man in town that is looking for help to get
somewhere although he is not sure why. Man is covered in robes
and bandages - he was recently burned in a fire.
- He offers 1000 domars now, 1000 when they get there and 1000 to
bring him back. Very friendly during the trip and he talks about
- No encounters until the party arrives at a cave in an escarpment
about 1 day later. Inside the cave, giant rats attack
party. Lasers inside cave take out one rat and start attacking
party while doors open and Svintar races in. Party follows
Svintar into large "NASA" type room, then through a few doors and into
a computer room.
- Screeching sounds and mental numbness bring the party to their
knees, while Svintar rips off part of his clothing (he’s a
robot). When the noise ends, he runs out into the corridor, and
down some stairs with the party following.
- He goes through 2 doors, but manages to lock out the second
one. He goes to sit in an "X-men sphere room". Overhead the
speakers crackle and Svintars voice comes over the PA telling the party
to "stop him".
- The party watches a countdown on a control panel, at 60 seconds
remaining, a blue mist envelops the sphere room as well as most of the
room the party is in.
- When the countdown ends, Svintar is gone, as is the back of the
room the party is in. One by one the party touches the edge of
the mist area and disappear.